Thursday, July 22, 2021

peter allen song

 

ONCE BEFORE I GO (Peter Allen / Dean Pitchford) Peter Allen - 1983 Don Lane (TV transcript) - 1983 Hugh Jackman (feat. in the show "The Boy From Oz") - 2003 Johnny Mathis - 2017 Once before I go I want you to know That I would do it all again I'm sure we'd make the same mistakes But we could make it Through the pains and joys and aches We knew back then I would do it all, I'd do it all again Before I go I want you to know That I look back with no regrets And when our luck was wearin' thin And we were down and out We still came back to win against all bets Now when I look back I still have no regrets And it's so hard to say goodbyes When there's so much that's left Unspoken in your eyes But unless I spread my wings again I'm afraid I'll never soar So hang on to the memories And hold me close once more Once more Just once before I go I want you to know That I have loved you all along And even when we're far apart I only need to feel you're living in my heart And I'll be strong Love you just the way I've loved you all along And it's so hard to say goodbyes When there's so much that's left Unspoken in your eyes But unless I spread my wings again I'm afraid I'll never soar So kiss me for the last time And hold me close once more Once more Just once before I go I want you to know That I have loved you all along Even when we're far apart I only need to feel you're in my heart And I'll be strong You are the light that shines on me You always were and you'll always be So I had to let you know Just this once, just this once before I go (Transcribed by Mel Priddle - March 2018)

    



No comments:

Post a Comment