Saturday, January 6, 2018

gerry ducharme's address

Gerald Ducharme, 34 Birchwood Way, East Greenwich, RI 02818


(This was meant to get to you on New Year's via email, but I could not get an email address for you.)

Gerry,

I was feeling nostalgic this past week remembering old acquaintances. One of my favorites was your mom. I googled and found her obit from 2012. Sorry she's left us ... but she did live into her 90s, a full life. What a gal! She held court at the switchboard of the Holyoke Gas and Electric every day she worked. When I worked there summers while attending UMass, she chatted and gossiped with me every day and always lifted my spirits. Marge was a genuinely friendly Irish lady with lots of spunk  ... and she really cared about people!! She possessed a character with an exemplary style of living that belongs in a play. Maybe I'll write it. I'll let you know.

In the obit I saw that you live in Rhode Island and thought I'd just drop a line to say hello. Fondly remember our walks home from JJ Lynch and those hikes we took - if I had only continued, I'd be thinner now, dammit! I think you also helped me iceskate better. I so appreciated your kind and easy-going manner. On FB I saw pix of you and your lovely family. And you run your own business. You're blessed. Happy for you.

I'm still in LA - 40 years in 2018 - teaching privately, writing and doing some acting. Have a children's novel that I'm proud of, hoping to convert it into an animated screenplay, but who knows, it's tough in this business of show. It takes place in the land of the Holy Oak. If you read it, you might very well see yourself in one of the creatures. Catch my facebook page. Also take a peek at my website: www.grigwaretalkstheatre.com ; that I've had for 10 years now. It's not making me a lot of money but sure does make me happy. My dad always wanted to live in California. He didn't make it, poor guy, but I did. I'm happy and grateful for every day I'm alive.

So many from our '64 class at HHS have died...among many others, Paul Grudis, Mary Donohue, Jackie LaBonte, Bob Ezold and his wife Ellen Moriarty... I was shocked that they died within a year of each other. I was in their wedding party. The years are slipping away from us. I'd rather reconnect with those I cared about than just let recollections slide into oblivion...so,

Stay youthful, healthy and happy,
I wish you and your family the best of everything.

Happy 2018!
your old friend,
don
818-7661457
 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Don.....  Just got your letter
yesterday as it was rerouted to our seasonal Florida address. My
daughter collects our house mail every 4 days and mails it to us
here in Naples.
First, thank you for the very kind words about my late mother.
She lasted about a year longer than my dad. They both had a great life
until they hit their late 80’s.
Don, presently semi retired after  running an ad agency for over
40 yrs in RI and at one time had nearly 20 clients,basically in
and around East Coast. Still have 2 clients that I produce tv spots for
and purchase media. 
To keep out of trouble, I drive Lexus vehicles 3 days a week back in RI
and down here work for Naples Mercedes 2 days a week as a valet.
 
Sadly, have lost a few good friends from the Holyoke days within
recent times. Was saddened by your news of Bob Ezold and his wife
Ellen
 
Hopefullu, you are not near any of those fires or mudslides in California.
Got a chuckle about the play title of Holy Oak. Will have to read it on
FB soon and your new website.
 
Went to the 50th reunion in Holyoke and saw a lot of old friends.
Cynthia Karugan(sp?) was chief organizer with help from others.
Pat Hobert did fly oin from California and sad to see the old funeral home closed and in disrepair. His older brother Jim had run it, but died from Dementia.
 
Time to go to work. Keep up your creativity/teaching and acting and
pls stay in touch
 
Gerry

 
Gerald Ducharme
Ducharme Associates
mayorduke@aol.com
401-286-3437

No comments:

Post a Comment