Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First Friend

Did you comprehend love at age 12? You were taught to love your mother and father...I mean... beyond that... When you made a new friend, was there ever something special between you that you couldn't describe? Did those feelings confuse you? My new friend Gerry made me feel that way in grade 7 at John J. Lynch Jr. High School. I couldn't wait to see him every day, to talk to him, to walk home from school with him, and eventually hang around with him on Saturdays, but I knew that my feeling for him ran deeper. I didn't understand it. What to say? What to do other than keep it locked inside of me? If I had been asked to put my feelings into words, I would have been speechless. And what about his feelings? Did he feel the same way about me or was I wanting more than he could ever possibly give me?
Check back soon for this new fact-based story.
FIRST FRIEND

No comments:

Post a Comment